Building served as the King County Courthouse and then Seattle's first City Hall. Located on 3rd Ave. between Yesler Way and Jefferson Street. Caption on verso: “Public School classes were held in this, originally the “old” County Building, at Third and Jefferson, from 1864-1868, before the community had its first school structure. Teachers during these years included Dillis B. Ward, Mrs. Wm. Hammond, Mrs. Emma Preston, Mrs. Mary A. Smith, and Miss Carrie Bacon”
9.5 x 6.5 in
Master image scanned with Epson Expression 10000 XL to 600 ppi, 24-bit color TIFF. Resized to 300 ppi JPEG with Photoshop.