Cooke & Lake Shipyards operated at the foot of 30th Avenue in Ballard until 1915, when the Ballard Locks were built and "the rising water flooded the shipyard and it had to be closed" (The Seattle Daily Times, 02-14-1944; page 8). Evidence of the shipyard's location is affirmed in the Polk's City Directory of 1914.
17.8 cm x 12.8 cm
Master image scanned on Epson 10000 XL flatbed at 600 ppi, 24 bit color, saved as TIFF file. Photoshop used to resize images to 300 ppi and convert to JPEG format. Master image file size: 38,850,900 bytes.